[gnome-love]Fixing dialog boxes

Dear dudes,

We have the following problems in GNOME, and especially the GIMP.

        - Many dialog boxes lack underlined shortcuts in labels for
          text entries and similar widgets.  For example, you should
          have

                _Name [________________]

          so that you can hit Alt-N to go to that entry.  Push-buttons
          often lack such underlined shortcuts as well.

        - Many dialog boxes come up without a widget that is initially
          focused by default.  So you must use the mouse to click on a
          text entry or hit Tab until you find one.  This is annoyong;
          all dialogs should come up with a focused widget that makes
          sense for that particular dialog.

        - Some dialog boxes lack a reasonable default button, i.e. the
          one that will get activated when you press Return anywhere
          in the dialog.  Most of the time this would the OK button.

        - Some dialog boxes do not go away when you press Escape.

Fixing these problems is really easy, and requires only minor
knowledge of GTK+ programming.  We are looking for volunteers who
would wish to help us fix these issues.

If you know a bit of GTK+ but do not know how to solve these problems,
I can help you with it.

Basically we need volunteers to raise their hands so that we can start
assigning specific programs for them to fix.  I.e. one volunteer would
take care of fixing program A, another volunteer would fix program B,
etc.  This is so that we avoid duplicated work and collisions.

Any takers?  I can assist you when making these fixes and can also
take care of bouncing your patches over to the appropriate
maintainers.

Love,

  Federico