How to keep Evolution from misbehaving

I use Evolution for my pop-type e-mail.  When at my home office, I am hooked to a 20 Mips business Internet cable.  I get my e-mail from four major servers.  Occasionally, one or more of those mail servers is slow to respond.  Evolution thinks it needs to ask for a password.  So, right in the middle of all my other work, Evolution puts a pop-up.  If I am typing on a document, my typing gets recorded as a new password.

How do I put an end to this annoying behavior?  Do others have the same problem?

Is there a document that fully describes all the strange behaviors of Evolution?

John