Font selection

Dear all, I tried to change the font used by my gnome shell theme without a complete success and it made me look at the behavior of fonts in gnome. It seems possible to change the font in org/gnome/desktop/interface or Tweak but some features are not available. For example, going from Cantarell to Cantarell italic does not change anything. I got the same problem when using different weights of the Roboto font (light is not taken into account in nautilus for example).
Any hint?
Best,
Flavien.