Gnome Future Question

Hey Gnomers.

First of all, sorry to bug you with this question, but would really
love an honest answer.

I was looking at Gnome 3.12 release video (haven't properly used gnome
since 3.4 and my longer Debian adventure), and i must say i like it to
the point i'm thinking of using it regularly. It seems it has come a
long way. What worries me, is, is gnome here to stay for a while?
How's the project's stability? The reason i'm asking is that i every
day read about many apps that usually came in gtk, being ported to qt
(more kde's cup of tea, i presume?). Anyway, if i get used to the
workflow, how certain can i be that gnome won't die on me halfway?

I thank everyone for your answer in advance.

Regards,

--
Nenad Latinović
nenad latinovic info