Re: GNOME Chat/Empathy Status

On Wed, 2014-04-09 at 13:27 +0100, Michael Ikey Doherty wrote:
More interestingly I discover they are 2 separate things - that throws
even more questions into the mix. I'll leave it at this for now:
Why 2 separate chat applications? Why not merge and fix within Empathy?
Or the other way around.

Because two people wanted to create chat apps... it is really that
simple.  And Pidgin is older and cross platform.  Empathy uses the
Telepathy backend and is about integration with the GNOME stack.
--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383