Re: GNOME 3.8 and the "new" Classic Mode using 3D acceleration

On 03/29/2013 01:44 PM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2013-03-27 at 21:22 +0100, . wrote:
So now that GNOME 3.8 has "Classic Mode"[1] I'll see how loud my
notebook's fan gets, since from the picture it seems that it uses 3D
acceleration. 3D acceleration was always something which gets my (and my
friends') notebook fan very loud and decreases battery time. 3D for
desktop, at least for older notebooks, is unnecessary (I don't know if
=Sandy Bridge notebook are louder too when using 3D).
[1] https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.8/
Sounds like a hardware/driver issue to me.

I use GNOME Shell on a 6+ year old Toshiba laptop with a lame Intel i9xx
series GPU.  The laptop runs cool and long;  there is not excessive
utilization.

I'd like to test it but can't find a live CD. I expect it to appear here
https://www.gnome.org/getting-gnome/ in a few days?