Re: How does one install software in Gnome Shell

2012/11/26 Lachlan <lachlan 00 gmail com>

I installed this remix on the weekend. It includes the gnome software manager by default. Type software in the overlay. I think it's just called software manager. (Not at that PC right now)

The only item that a search by the word 'software' brings back is Software Manager, which is for managing repositories etc., not for installing software.

Personally, I hate these managers and just apt-getted synaptic straight up.

I'be been using Synaptic every now and then too, depending on what I'm going to install.

Thanks for the reply!

-Ademeion-