Re: Enable sticky notes

Around about 29/04/12 22:17, W. van den Akker typed ...
How can I enable sticky-notes in gnome3?

I'd like that too :-/ I use both that style of notes *and* the application-based one (I use tuxcards) for differing sorts of note.

I use Debian and have the gnome-applet package installed.
I also see the sticky-notes applet in the /usr/lib/gnome-applet dir.
But how to start it?

The sticky-notes-applet you've probably seen is the old GNOME-2 panel-based applet which won't work under GNOME-3 (not even, I think, for the fallback mode, but I could be wrong there).

I did manage to add a couple of patches for it a while ago, but it's been sadly (and stupidly IMHO) neglected for a while now.

The only alternative I envisage would be a gnome-shell extension that mimics the functionality, but I don't think anyone's written one yet. I might look into it myself if I find time.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature