Re: Gnome 3

On 03/29/2012 09:41 AM, Andrew Nielsen wrote:

software doesn't work with gnome 3...it only works up to kernel 3.0.0-1,
after that, nothing, it'll start briefly, then die. Other than that,
it's pretty nice, but I still don't like the fact that you can't make
changes to the panels.....so do us all a favor, do a little more
research in what works with new kernels before assuming that they'll be
ok with everyone....because what I'm seeing in my local forum is nothing
short of horrible, people (users) having all kinds of problems, but no
one to take responsibility or willingness to fix it......cheers

According to http://xiphos.org/development/release-notes/, version 3.1.5 is the first to support gtk3. Is that the version you are using?

This has nothing to do with gnome or the kernel. Talk to the xiphos developers - this is a xiphos bug.

- Mike