Gnome 3 Removeable media settings.

Under system settings the "do nothing" for removable media is not working. Case, I'm using an FC16 platform with Gnome 3, to program usb/sd/cf devices. Once inserted they will pop up a the bottom of the desktop asking to mount/eject the device. This behavior interferes with operations to the devices being accessed and consequently blocks the lower third of the desktop from being usable. Is there a gconf tool setting to rip the guts out of the service that is notifiying user space on change/insertion of media when its not suppose to do anything per system settings. Or do I have to switch desktops?