Re: problem in Fedora16 with Gnome3

Around about 25/02/12 20:34, Philip Walden typed ...
If you do see that gnome-shell is installed then there is some other
problem. I have another F16 system that will not run in
non-fallback-mode. So far I have no answers on that one.

ISTR reading that there's a libexec (or other) exe that's run to determine whether the machine is capable of running gnome-shell, and that a way of forcing the issue was to move that out of the way and replace it with a symlink to /bin/true.

  Or something like that, and this might be an out of date recommendation now!

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature