Moved to Gnome 3 and can't drag and drop urls anymore

I upgraded my Fedoral 14 (Gnome 2.4?) to 16 (Gnome 3.2?) the other day and I am working through the UI changes.

The one that stymies me the most is that I can no longer figure out how to drag and drop a url from Firefox onto a custom launcher. I had a custom launcher that wrapped get_flash_videos. I simply dragged a link to a video page to the launcher on the *top panel* and viola it launched a terminal with get_flash_videos downloading the video.

I got the launcher to appear in the Activities/Applications list. I just added the desktop file below to ~/.local/share/applications

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Terminal=true
Icon=camera-video.png
Type=Application
Categories=Application;AudioVideo;AudioVideoEditing;
Exec=getvid %u
MimeType=text/x-uri;
Name=GetVideo
GenericName=GetVideo
Comment=Invokes get_flash_videos.
Comment[en]=Invokes get_flash_videos.

However, I cannot figure out how to drag and drop an object (url) onto it.

If I click on something (a link in FireFox) and drag it up to the Activities menu, I cannot access the Applications list without releasing the mouse button and losing the object I am dragging.

--
Linuxfest Northwest - Apr 28, 29, 2012 <http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/>

<http://linuxcounter.net/user/543121.html>