Re: Password Problem

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 01:50:15PM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 05:35:28PM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:10:21AM -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:
> > > When the gnome desktop signs me out due to inactivity it shows a screen
> > > with my name on it and asks for a password.  It wont accept my password,
> > > the same password I used to start gnome.
> >
> > Which distribution? Seems like the files in /etc/pam.d are not correct
> > (differences between *gdm* files and *gnome-screensaver* ones.
> >
> My system is Debian Squeeze and gnome-session 2.30.2-3 is installed.
>
> The gnome-screensaver file has fewer entries but they match entries in
> the gdm file:
>

> tom@dragon:/etc/pam.d$ less gdm
> #%PAM-1.0
> auth    requisite       pam_nologin.so
> auth    required        pam_env.so readenv=1
> auth    required        pam_env.so readenv=1 envfile=/etc/default/locale
> @include common-auth
> auth    optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so
> @include common-account
> session required        pam_limits.so
> @include common-session
> session optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so auto_start
> @include common-password
> gdm (END)
>
> tom@dragon:/etc/pam.d$ less gnome-screensaver
> @include common-auth
> auth optional pam_gnome_keyring.so
> gnome-screensaver (END)

For me, the gnome-screensaver also has:
auth       include      system-auth
auth       optional     pam_gnome_keyring.so
account    include      system-auth
password   include      system-auth
session    include      system-auth

so auth, account, password and session.

Could you put those bits from gdm into gnome-screensaver?

--
Regards,
Olav