Re: One very unhappy Linux user

Hi,

I'am a french and perhaps I havn't fully understand this topic, but as non-developer I only can « take my hat down to the ground » for their work for all free software on GNU/Linux and *BSD. Along this thread I finaly have impression to hear my young small grandaughter (5 years old) when she say she « want » to name a cat is a dog, because "cat" she don't agree.

I am on Debian «wheezy» (testing) and from month at the time some parts of gnome3 appears. Debian squeeze (satble one) is always on gnome 2.3x. I know...It's debian,but!...

Developers have in mind to improve this software and have brainstorming to lauch the work. You don't love their choices?

1) You, you make a fork.
2) You know other ones that unagree? Whole make a fork.

And never forgot we are here to find or give help, then discuss ideas but not to fire upon (wo)man themselves.

And, yes I am a very basic user, I don't refine my desktop again and again to have exactly what I want, so with my old computer I can't use gnome-shell but now I have my prefered applications in the top bar and the open windows in the bottom one, what I had whith gnome2. It's enough for me.

kde I don't love; xfce,lxde,e17... I'll never be able to use them so easily than gnome2 and gnome3 and I know nothing to development.

Yes gnome3 is'nt perfect (Is my «perfect» the same as yours?), but it is and nobody force nobody to use it. You are free!