Re: One very unhappy Linux user

I see no lack of functionality or productivity with GNOME 3 compared to
GNOME 2. Many things have to be done in a different way, perhaps too
many for anyone who is already busy with his work, but when you get used
to it, the result is efficiency and comfort.

Really miss some pieces, like a place on hand for pending stuff --yes, I
miss my cluttered desktop, but also used to hate it, so hope this could
be approached in less intrusive ways. Also a hyerarchy in the dash and
the applications overview. On the other hand, the inabilty to fine tune
any kind of settings has been almost a trend with GNOME for as long as I
can remember, so nothing new here.