Re: Standalone Calendar

I also think that it would be better to have an alternative application or a section in the gnome settings for this. Right now I'm using evolution to import my google calendar. This works but I don't think it's a nice solution. (I know that there's also a script to sync the gnome calendar with google (https://github.com/joh/-shell-google-calendar) but it has to run all the time of course...)
Since evolution is a relatively big program it would be nice if it was only optional.