Standalone Calendar

Hi

I am searching for a standalone desktop calendar. I do not want an
application which is combined with an email client or something else,
just a calendar application.

I am using Gnome 3 since 4 weeks an i like it very much but i am a
little bit frustrated about some applications there. I am not a fan of
Evolution and Thunderbird is not well integrated into Gnome.

My question is, is there a plan to create such an application for GNOME
3 or not? The main calendar applications i found were integrated in an
other big application such as Thunderbird or Evolution.

Why there are hudge programs which combines a lot of functionallity
instead of multiple litte programs?

  thx Oliver