Re: Gnome 3 and computer shut down

On 20/06/11 11:23, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On 11-06-20 05:56 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:
I now have Gnome 3 set up as I would like, a proper menu, instead of (in
my opinion) that mess meant for a touchscreen, the ability to minimise
programs to a lower taskbar and change to another desktop at a click of
a mouse.
I guess you don't miss all of the useful panel applets that used to
exist pre-gnome3 then yes?  Personally I liked to know what the weather
was outside, at a glance, and how well the resources of the machine were
being used.

I frequently find it useful to see at a glance whether some process has
gone rogue and consuming CPU, memory or network, etc.

Yes, ideally I would not need that applet and everything would just
behave, but that's just not based in reality and keeping an eye on
resources for rogue processes is still quite necessary.

b.