Re: Gnome 3 and computer shut down

On 19/06/11 12:31, Calum Benson wrote:
On 18 Jun 2011, at 15:34, enaut wrote:

google knows everything ;) just press [alt] in the "user-menu" or
install the gnome-shell-extensions-alternative-status-menu .
Or, as with most other other electrical appliances, press your computer's power button.

Cheeri,
Calum.

Sorry but I started this thread without really thinking ( I even sent it from the wrong email address ), I was just a bit annoyed that I could not seem to do something as simple as turning my computer off from the gui as standard.
I have now done some googling and found the following websites:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=933541

https://piecesoflint.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/how-to-tweak-gnome-3-to-your-needs/

http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2011/03/customizing-the-gnome-3-shell.html

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/05/gnome-shell-workspace-indicator.html

I now have Gnome 3 set up as I would like, a proper menu, instead of (in my opinion) that mess meant for a touchscreen, the ability to minimise programs to a lower taskbar and change to another desktop at a click of a mouse.

The only thing that I have not been able to get rid of is where it tells you on the upper taskbar what window is in focus, anybody know how to get rid of it?

believed to be clean.