=?iso-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Gnome_support=3F_we_don=B4t_need_no_stinkin?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?g_support!?=

On 27 May 2011, at 18:29, Andrew Wood wrote:

> Maybe its just my zen minimalist ideal but Im glad the applets have gone -- too much 'junk' which had the potential to confuse newbies. Like Dashboard in Mac OS X - out of all the Mac users I know, and I know a lot, no one uses it, and many are confused by its presence.

I'd say that's mostly because Dashboard is hidden away on its own screen, which makes it kind of pointless. When you turn on the magic hidden switch that lets you use the widgets directly on your desktop, it becomes a bit more useful. (But only a bit, because the widgets then float above everything else on the desktop, so they can get in the way a bit.)

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation Ireland Ltd.
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.