Re: The Apology of GNOME 3 (an analogy to the Apology of Socrates by Plato)

Ondřej Grover wrote:
....... no distribution forces people to upgrade to GNOME 3 in the first place.
I fear this does not match my experience. As a recent user of Gnome (2), I was just getting comfortable with the classic interface and had my desktop getting where I wanted it, when an upgrade to Fedora 15 junked my desktop and left my computer virtually inaccessible. The launch of Gnome 3 was, in my opinion a public relations disaster and I have take to xfce.

Gnome 3 represents all I wanted to get away from.

Barry