Re: Very disappointed in Gnome 3

Em Sex, 2011-08-12 às 14:20 -0400, Mike Williams escreveu:
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 09:49:49PM -0600, Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> I agree.  Too many things are missing.  And why require accelerated
> graphics?  GNOME 3 seems to suffer from the attitude that tablets are
> the future and desktops and laptops are passe.  I've used GNOME since
> the 90's but I'm trying alternatives to find which I like best.

The designers stated btw that tablets are not the focus, bad input
devices is.

What do you mean? Bad input devices are the focus?  What about a mouse and a large screen because that is a problematic configuration with gnome3 due to having to move all the way from one side to the other.?

Mike
BAD input devices ?? you mean the keyboard???

For what I see, gnome3 works very good with the keyboard (alt this, alt that, control alt this, shift control alt that...)
Well, have we return the the wordperfect times??  (in the 70's)??
Even if with mouse is not "so fast", but it is more intuitive...

Indeed Ana, 3yo can operate gnome2 but not gnome3..