Gnome Subtitler

Thank you folks.
I use "Gnome Subtitler" quite a bit and I very found of it. I'm not sure if
this is the right group to ask for extra features but since I correct the
captions created by an Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), it helps to have
some quick features which ASRs normally lack (e.g. punctuation, capitalization)
I normally extract the audio (less distraction and faster editing) and use the
MP3 audio with the synchronized editing.
  1. Configurable shortcut keys
  2. Enhanced looping - would be nice to be able to loop over more than one
    line and have the caption be displayed in the edit pane also so I can
    pause the replay, make my changes and replay again and have the freedom
    to move (CTRL PgUp and PgDn) between the selected loop lines as well.
  3. Single-key capitalization or uppercase - CTRL+Right Arrow puts me at the
    beginning of the next word. A single key to capitalize the word is faster
    than delete and enter a capital letter
  4. Punctuation smart (on / off) - If I enter period to end a sentence, to
    automatically capitalize the next word for the start of the new sentence
    or select the letter and wait for single-key to apply the capitalization

Probably these can be all wrapped into a "Advance Editing" features.

Regards,
---
Ali Sobhi