Re: Frustration -- can't find icon picker application ?? [SOLVED]

On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 13:23 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:
> On 26 Jun 2010, at 23:14, William Case wrote:
>
> > Hi;
> >
> > What is the name of the little application that pops up when you are
> > trying to pick a new icon in a launcher ?
>
> Assuming you mean the one in Solaris 10 (OpenSolaris just uses the standard file chooser dialog here now), it's not an application, it's basically just a standard(ish) widget, like the file chooser or the print dialog.
>
> > More to the point -- the browse drop down menu has about 25 addresses in
> > it, mostly repeats. How would I remove most of those unnecessary
> > addresses?
>
> In gconf-editor, look for /apps/gnome-settings/gnome-panel/history-desktop-icon, and double-click to edit.

Thank you Calum.  I don't know why I couldn't find it again. Didn't
think of searching for history-desktop-icon or anything like it.  Tried
as many variations of 'icon' and 'launcher' as I could think of.  Spent
three or four days, on and off, in utter frustration.  Some times its
just the simple things in life.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28