Re: Where to send a Request for Enhancemnet ?

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 4:26 AM, William Case <billlinux rogers com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 15:38 -0500, Adam Rigg wrote:
>> On 07/07/2010 01:56 PM, William Case wrote:
>> > Checked the Gnome Bugzilla site. Read the reference page. Seemed like
>> > Gnome Bugzilla was for Bugs only.  I wat to file a request for
>> > enhancement of screenruler.
>> >
>> http://live.gnome.org/IanMcIntosh
>> http://gnomecoder.wordpress.com/screenruler/
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/screenruler
>>
>> The project maintainer is listed on gnome.org (1st link above), where a
>> link to the ScreenRuler project hosted on Wordpress is given (2nd link).
>> At the bottom of the Wordpress hosted page, a link to the launchpad
>> developers' site is given with the heading of "bugs, ideas, requests"
>> appearing above the link. In addition to bugs, questions can also be
>> posted on launchpad.net.
>>
>> Depending on the request and your experience, you might spark more
>> interest with developers if you are willing to collaborate on the work
>> that it takes to produce any desired changes. Either way, I suppose it
>> doesn't hurt to ask.
>>
> Will look into all three.  My problem is a simple one.  The measurements
> on my screen with screenruler are accurate for pixels.  The measurements
> in inches and centimetres are off by 125%.  There must be a simple way
> to set up something in preferences or gconf-editor to make the
> adjustment.  I am not a programmer.

I am not familiar with all the technical issues of pixel size and DPI.
I would suggest to check the DPI settings (System/Preferences/Fonts/Details...).

In addition, verify that the monitor gives the correct EDID data.
See http://polypux.org/projects/read-edid/
If you use Ubuntu, there is a read-edid package. It's a command line tool.
EDID is information that your computer can retrieve from the monitor
(VGA, HDMI at least)
using the graphics card. The X server can do that do, so you may find
the info in /etc/X11/Xorg.0.log as well.

If you indeed verify that the problem is with the software, then I
would suggest you can find a report (enhancement)
for the 'gtk+' product, at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=gtk%2B

Simos