Re: Ubuntu Desktop

On 1 Jan 2010, at 10:51, Bob Bond wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone can help me? I am new to Ubuntu/Gnome and I'm struggling to do something that I suspect is very simple.

Not sure how you installed Ubuntu, or if it came pre-installed on your machine, but it seems you have the 'netbook remix' version of Ubuntu[1], rather than the standard desktop version[2].

So one option, if you haven't used it much, might just be to start over and install the standard version instead...

Cheeri,
Calum.

[1] <http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/download-netbook>
[2] <http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download>

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team