Re: gnome-list Digest, Vol 69, Issue 3 Item 1

   1. Ubuntu Desktop (Bob Bond)

I wonder if anyone can help me? I am new to Ubuntu/Gnome and I'm struggling to do something that I suspect is very simple.

My standard distribution of Ubuntu has Gnome included and the desktop appears as attached.

However, I would prefer a much cleaner desktop, more akin to Mac OS X. I have seen desktops that look like the attached (Gnome-Desktop) but cant find a way to create that look.
You should look at some of the other flavours of Linux. One that springs to mind is:- gos http://www.thinkgos.com

and there are other flavours as well.
This one is a rather clean gnome desktop, and rather apple like. It is also based on Ubuntu.