A question about Gnome 3

Hi guys,

at my girlfriends notebook i try GnomeShell - and i love it - it's fantastic, so i thought "o.k. lets try also at my one...",

BUT: the problem is i have one of this totaly fucked up "sis672" graphic chipsets. And sis dont want release any 3d driver - it means i have only a fan made, patched version of the free sis driver, and so it means there is only support for XAA, but no 3d!

So my question is, will the super nice gnomeshell ;) also work with 2d acceleration, or do i have a problem in around 6 months, cause i use ubuntu linux?! Or maybe a support for cpu rendering.

I hope it will, cause my girlfriend also have got only a X1100 ati chip with the free "radeon" driver - compiz is bucking for example.

I hope my english wasnt to bad - cause writing from germany. ;)

Keep on working i like the new Gnome3 things (e.g. GnomeShell and Zeitgeist!) a lot.

Gabriel Böhme