Re: Connecting phones via bluetooth

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 20:29 -0500, Chris wrote:
> I have two cell phones that I'm trying to connect via bluetooth. One is
> a Motorola EM330, the other is a Nokia 2600. I'm using an IOGear
> Bluetooth 2.1 USB Micro Adapter. I have installed what I believe are all
> the necessary files. If I run 'Bluetooth' from the Gnome applications
> menu both phones show up, one as a Nokia 2600c-2b and the other as a
> Motorola Phone. However after that nothing seems to happen. On the
> Motorola under Device Details it shows
>
> Name localhost-0
> Type Computer
> Access Automatic
>
> The Nokia shows
>
> Paired devices - localhost-0
>

> I see no icon on the desktop for either phone. The Motorola connects
> with a mini-USB with no problems but the Nokia has no such feature thus
> the reason I'm wanting to get the bluetooth setup going.
>
> Any advice/help would be appreciated

An additional note, this is on a Mandriva 2009.1 box. Using Nautilus I
can send from the computer to each phone however can't send from the
phones to the computer. Using the Motorola and trying to send an image I
select 'send to bluetooth' then a screen with 'object exchange' comes up
and 'look for device'. Selecting 'look for device' shows 'no devices
found'

Chris

--
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C