Re: Lost metacity and gnome panel

John,

I had a similar situation a while back, but with my 32 bit Debian testing. Not sure if any if my investigations will help, but here are two email threads that may give you some direction.

http://lists.plug.phoenix.az.us/lurker/message/20090817.130411.d7e52ab0.en.html

http://lists.plug.phoenix.az.us/lurker/message/20090621.001933.dc58f1d7.en.html

Sorry, it is late here and I have to be gone early in the am, or I would have done a better job of summarizing the information for you....

Mark