Re: Trying (and failing) to be able to ./configure for gnome-games...

Hi David,

On Wed, 2009-05-13 at 16:32 -0400, David Cook wrote:
> ./autogen.sh --prefix=
> as directed, naming an existing work-dir that I created,
> it says:
> You need to install gnome-common from the GNOME CVS
> Ok.  But exactly WHERE (relative to where 'gnome-games'
> already got retrieved)?

You need to install the 'gnome-common' package from you distribution's
repository. (Or compile and install it if you prefer)

The detail of the package can be different per the distribution you use,
e.g. for ubuntu, it's http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/gnome-common .

This is how it fails (in autogen.sh),

> which gnome-autogen.sh || {
>     echo "You need to install gnome-common from the GNOME CVS"
>     exit 1
> }

which means you have to install the program 'gnome-autogen.sh'. It's
usually /usr/bin/gnome-autogen.sh and comes from gnome-common package.