Re: What is the procedure for reporting bugs against 'broken' git commits?

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 9:51 PM, BugByteMan<bugbyteman yahoo com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have not been able to find the procedure for reporting bugs against
> 'broken' git commits.  I was told that 'bugzilla' is not to be used for this
> purpose.
>
> The following glib commit breaks native building on windows/mingw:
>
> http://git.gnome.org/cgit/glib/commit/?id=7662c86611bf44175f18ec6eb66f159040ac73c5
>
> The change to gio/glocalfileinfo.c
> removed an #ifdef S_ISLNK which breaks windows (symbolic links
> not supported)
>
> I would like to prevent this from making it into an official glib release
> but I have not found the appropriate way to report bugs on pre-release code.

This list is a user list (not developer).
For glib-related matters, ask at gtk-devel-list,
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2009-March/msg00097.html

I do not know why would someone tell you not to report such issue to Bugzilla.
If you have a reference to that conversation (if it's public), it
would help to figure out the rational.
My view is that you either mention this to the gtk-devel-list or file
it under bugzilla, mentioning that it's a regression.

Simos