Re: Unicode input using ctrl+shift in vte/gnome-terminal

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 21:14:37 +0100
j t <mark473 gmail com> dijo:

> Hi all.
>
> In gnome-terminal 2.14.2 (which uses vte 0.12.2), I can input unicode
> characters by holding down the control key and the shift key
> simultaneously and tapping out the hex code for the unicode codepoint
> that I want. (For reference, these are the versions that ship with
> Debian Etch)
>
> For example, <ctrl>+<shift>+20ac gives me a euro symbol, or
> <ctrl>+<shift>+30db gives me the Katakana letter ho.
>
> I've put a screencast of this feature here in case anyone wants proof
> that it works:
> http://www.sourceworks.co.uk/iso14755.ogv
>
> Now I'm trying to use the same feature on Debian Lenny, which ships
> with gnome-terminal 2.22.3 (which uses vte 0.16.14), but I cannot make
> this feature work anymore.
>
> Has this feature been removed, or is it just a bug with my setup?

I think you now need to do Ctrl+Shift+u, then the Unicode number, then
then the spacebar.

And if this message appears twice on the list it's because I forgot
which account I use to post to the Gnome list, so I'm sending it twice.