dragging windows across workspaces

Hello,

This question may seem silly but I hardly try to drag windows across
workspaces in Gnome but don't get the desired effect. With brightside
installed I can actually drag a window into another workspace but I
cannot have the same window across two workspaces at the same time,
say half in the top workspace and half in the bottom one.

In my case this is essential as my system is a netbook with a very
small screen (8.9 inches). Some configuration windows are larger than
the screen itself (and not resizable to a smaller dimension) so it is
impossible to see their bottom portion. If I could have the window
across two workspaces I could access the bottom part. Otherwise I
will miss forever some options and buttons...

If anybody could help.

Many thanks,
Franco