Re: custom default panel settings

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
Hi,

I am building a Debian live-cd. Now I want to add a custom panel configuration. And I'm wondering how to implement this in a Gnome system.

I've 'dumped' my custom pannel settings by:

gconftool-2 --dump /apps/panel > my-panel-setup.entries

And now I want to set these settings as default in the custom live-cd. So I am making a sh script with the following command:

gconftool-2 --direct \
 --config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults \
 --load my-panel-setup.entries

But now I'm wondering where to place the my-panel-setup.entries file in the filesystem of the live-cd.

Or is it possible to place the my-panel-setup.entries file somewhere so it overwrites the default panel settings?

Thanks in advance,

\r

Ok, was rather simple. just put it in /root and make a sh script which also remove the file afterwards...

\r