question about gnome

Hello,

I am new to the list. I am a blind linux user and was wondering with
gnome and the orca screen reader I have noticed with diffrent distro's
that they will have orca set up to work and some distro's do not have
orca setup. could gnome make sure that the orca screen reader is working
before diffrent distro's package gnome for their distro? if not could
some one tell me if i could take the latest build of gnome and make sure
that orca is working and take out some of the programs that a blind user
would not need and then package it for diffrent distro's. thankyou for
your time and help. Jonathan