Re: installing vibuntu 1.2

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 4:05 AM, John Jason Jordan <johnxj comcast net> wrote:
> Vibuntu is obviously a typo for Ubuntu. The typo was probably created
> by an OCR software or something like that.

Vibuntu is an Ubuntu derivative specifically for people who are
visually impaired. The developers, however, did change their name to
VINUX to make Canonical happy.

2009/2/18 chad <chadbaker2 verizon net>:
> Hi i'm blind and can't find  instructions on how to install vibuntu 1.2.
> Is there a place i can check out?

The VINUX project does provide some documentation on their website
here: http://vinux.org.uk/docs/ I've not played around with it at all,
so I have no clue about how easy it is to install without relying on a
graphical interface. Something which may be of use to you is this
audio recording of someone installing it here:
http://www.lalrecordings.com/audio/installing-vibuntu-1-1.mp3

I'm sorry that I can't be of any more help, but my experience in this
field so far has been limited to getting someone with a hard synth
through a Slackware install.

Cheers,
Tim