Re: Need to write app for usb storage
- From: Magnus Therning <magnus therning org>
- To: "Chuck G. Smith" <cgasmith comcast net>
- Cc: gnome-list gnome org, "Brown, Tony-P56943" <Anthony Brown gdc4s com>
- Subject: Re: Need to write app for usb storage
- Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:14:28 +0100
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:57 PM, Chuck G. Smith<cgasmith comcast net> wrote:
> simple, any programming language you want just shell out and cat
> /proc/partitions and when it changes state, something has been inserted,
> make sure you stat for the files or directories when you attempt to copy.
> If this is greek to you., then perhaps you should consider a book or two on
> say python and python cookbook.
Wouldn't using udev or inotify be better way to do that, at least on
Linux? Maybe there's even a Gnome abstraction providing x-platform
notifications for system changes that I don't know of.
Magnus Therning (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus＠therning．org Jabber: magnus＠therning．org
http://therning.org/magnus identi.ca|twitter: magthe
] [Thread Prev