Re: Need to write app for usb storage

simple, any programming language you want just shell out and cat /proc/partitions and when it changes state, something has been inserted, make sure you stat for the files or directories when you attempt to copy. If this is greek to you., then perhaps you should consider a book or two on say python and python cookbook.

Brown, Tony-P56943 wrote:

Hi,

I need to write an app that gets notified when a usb storage device gets connected. Then, I need to be able to read and write files to the device.

I know that Gnome currently does this and then automatically launches Nautilus. My app is for a custom system, so I just need to get notified, get the current file list on the device, freespace, etc. and write files to the device as requested.

Can someone point me to the code in Gnome, or some other tutorial, etc that would help out on this task?

Thanks,

Tony