Problem when editing menu entries and folders

Hi there.

I'm Spanish so my English might not be the best, but I'll give it a try. Sorry in advance :P

I'm developing a debian metapackage that installs some applications, and then it creates a menu folder for these applications, moving the menu default menu entries created by those apps to that menu folder.

So, the problem comes when I try to copy files to the /etc/xdg/menus/ and  /usr/share/applications/ and /usr/share/desktop-directories/ . Once the metapackage is compiled and installed, every file is copied properly, except for those that should be copied into the /etc/xdg/menus/ directory. They won't get copied no matter what I do!

Also, when uninstalling the package, the files I copied are removed, but in some cases they do not get removed. They just stay there, even though I specified that they should be removed. If I remove them manually and then install the metapackage again, it won't copy those files back to the designed place, just as if the system thought they are already there.

I've successfully developed other metapackages/packages that copy/remove/move files when installed, and never had this kind of problem before.

Is there something I'm missing? Something as "when the menu file/folder is installed/loaded, you must do XXXX to get it properly removed" or "such directory is very special and you must do XXXX to get files into it"?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Julio Antequera