Fwd: newby / problem downloading skype

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ddupin <ddupin dupnet org>
Date: Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 2:11 AM
Subject: Re: newby / problem downloading skype
To: Sergey Podatelev <brightnesslevels gmail com>

Hi,

I use skype under Linux/Gnome environment without problem, can you explain
more your problem ?
You come from Windows, so i'll ask to you, is is an install problem or when
using it ?

Tell us which distribution you use, maybe Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva, lots
distribution permit to install it like any other software that you install
with your distribution.

Regards.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:10:18 +0300, "Sergey Podatelev"
<brightnesslevels gmail com> wrote:
> What exactly is your problem?
> Have you tried looking at http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/ ?
> I never tried to install Skype under GNOME myself, but there're probably
> some instructions on official site.
>
> Also, GNOME is not a "linux", it's a graphical environment that can be
> installed on top of lots of different distributions of Linux (like
Gentoo,