Re: Changing Panel Names for Gnome Menu Launcher ??

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 4:07 PM, William Case <billlinux rogers com> wrote:

> Is there anyway I can safely do this without destroying any functions of
> the menu?  Is there a way to add menu headings to my gconf-editor so
> that the headings can be controlled from there?

Actually, you can't do that via gconf, since the names
Applications/Places/System are hard-coded into source-code (you can
browse the sources of gnome-panel, and I guess the names are in a file
like menu-bar.c or something similar).
But I suggest you a dirty hack that should do the trick (but I haven't
tried it):
If you modify your gnome localization files, and change "Applications"
with "Apps", I suppose it should solve your problem (i.e. see
http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-panel/trunk/po/en_GB.po?revision=10917&view=markup
and search for Applications/Places/System).