gnome changes

Throughout the last two gnome releases, I have noticed that less
applications use gnomeprintui and more use gtkprint. There is also the
gnome-vfs to gvfs/gio migration. I also noticed that less application
use libgnomeui.
I have a few questions.

Are there plans to move the rest of the applications such as gnome-games
and gnome-utils from gnomeprintui to gtkprint?

What about gnomecanvas? Can applications be ported to directly use cairo
instead? Is that possible? Does this require changes to gtk+ can this be
application specific?