Re: gnome-list Digest, Vol 47, Issue 15

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Gnome 2.22 and Compiz (Tom R)
>    2. Re: Gnome 2.22 and Compiz (Andrea Vettorello)
>    3. Re: Gnome 2.22 and Compiz (jan de coster)
>
> > End of gnome-list Digest, Vol 47, Issue 15

Andrea and Jan, thank you.  You got me pointed in the
right direction.  I reloaded the system and performed
the f0llowing:
1st change
delete compiz
delete compizconfig-backen-gconf
delete compiz-core
delete compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
delete compiz-fusion-plugins-main
delete compiz-gnome
delete compiz-plugins
delete libdecoration0
delete ubuntu-desktop
delete gtk2-engines-ubuntulooks
delete human-theme
delete ubuntu-artwork
delete fast-user-switch-applet
add metacity-themes
add legacyhuman-theme

In System/Preferences/Appearances
selected human theme
clicked visual effects "normal" - an error message
appeared about Compiz not being loaded and then window
decorations appeared when the error message was
closed.

Thanks again,
Thomas