Re: Gnome 2.22 and Compiz

try to remove the fast-user-switch-applet on your upper bar ... this is
cause normaly the cpu load

Kr,

Tom R schreef:
Is it possible to run Gnome 2.22 without Compiz?

I recently tried the Ubuntu-8.04 Beta and found that
Gnome 2.22 was using 90+% of the available processor
load just to maintain the desktop.  The system was a
667MHz GX110 with 320MB Ram and the on-board (not
openGL compatable) Intel video chip.  If I uninstall
Compiz, I lose the window decorations and can't move
or resize the windows.  If I leave Compiz installed
and disable the GL desktop in Gnome Compiz
Preferences, I still end up with 90% of the processor
load maintaining the desktop.  I switched from Windows
to Linux in 2005 because I got tried of the "top
heaviness" of Windows, and I'm hoping Linux isn't
headed down the same path.