Short cut key for NAUTILUS_SCRIPT_SELECTED_FILE_PATHS ??

Hi;

Looking for suggestions:

I would like to find a means (a pre-written script??) to insert at the
command line of another application (gedit, emacs, etc) the path for a
file selected in nautilus.  I can get the full path into a command line
by dragging and dropping the file icon on the command line.  I would
like to be able to do the same thing when I have a file selected in
nautilus but am working in at a command line by using a Gnome shortcut
key.

Does anyone know where to find such a facility or have any suggestions
about writing a script for one?

Or, should this be a feature request?

--
Regards Bill;