Re: (thanks Shaun)

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 09:13 -0800, Clark Dunson wrote:

> ***Something happens***  (not jumping to conclusions now, but it
> seems to start after eth0 switches to avah mode.)

This sounds like the root of your problem and it sounds like whatever is
happening, that you are doing something to the system that is bad.  From
your previous descriptions of what you are trying to do (which is clone
systems from a master image), in order to individualize a duplicated
image, you really need to understand how to administer Linux -- without
GUI tools.  If you don't know how to do that, you are going to spin your
wheels forever.  This is where I go back to my previous advise to hire
somebody who knows what they are doing.

Tools are great for productivity, but my rule about tools is that you
are not allowed to use a tool to do a job until you understand what the
tool is doing and can do it manually.

> 2.  Now we are locked out.  The systems are 'poisoned,' in that we
> can no longer access these admin tools.

You mean GUI admin tools right?  I am sure command line tools still work
just fine.  You might find this distasteful, but honestly, real Linux
and Unix admin are done at the command line, not with tools.

b.