Re: Modifying custom cursors.

Jason Cipriani wrote:
> Hello... I am using the "Red Glass" custom cursor theme, but I don't
> like the horizontal arrow that appears when I mouse over things like
> hyperlinks in web pages. Is there an easy way to replace the
> horizontal cursor with the normal arrow? A cursor image file somewhere
> that I can copy?
>
> I am using Gnome 2.20.3 on Gentoo.
> Thanks! :)

I think you'll have to copy the full theme and then modify the
individual cursor.  On my (Debian) system cursor themes are located in
/usr/share/icons.  I can create a personal copy by copying it to
~/.icons.  I'm sure that information about the format of the files in
there is available somewhere on the Gnome web pages.

/M

magnus@therning.org             Jabber: magnus.therning@gmail.com
http://therning.org/magnus

What if I don't want to obey the laws? Do they throw me in jail with
the other bad monads?
     -- Daveman