Networking help

I need some help if anyone can...

I have a 5 day old install of Fedrora10 and had set the system up to use KDE but now have went back to GNOME.

Before the switch back to GNOME I had the wired and wireless networking running great with both being found and active.

Now that I have made the switch , I can't seem to get the wireless networking to function.

When I go to Network Device Control nothing happens.
When I go into Network only the WIRED (eth0) to function but nothing from the wireless system.

Also I remember from past linux tries, there was a icon onthe top row of the screen beside the users name that let you control the networking actions but it is not there?

ANy help would be much appreciated...

Jacob Tennant