Re: Ubuntu cannot find my WLAN

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:56:18 -0800
"Ken Laninga" <stixsite telus net> dijo:

> Hello; is this the place and manner of getting some help? I've tried two Linux forums but it seems nobody knows how to fix my problem.
>
> This is the situation:
>
> I installed Ubuntu a few days ago on a new laptop which has Vista.
>
> If I boot into Vista, it is instantly online to my WLAN.
>
> If I boot into Ubuntu, I cannot make it show the available WLANS (although once it did work).  A netbook machine with Debian has no problem connecting to my WLAN.
>
> How can I make it show up the available WLANs please? I would expect it to ask for my 10-digit WLAN security code as the netbook did, and put me online.
>
> If I right-click the icon in the taskbar, next to the volume control, and choose "about" then it says "NetworkManager Applet 0.7.0 and has a URL which, if I type it into another computer, appears to be incorrect, so instead I tried http://www.gnome.org/ and found the page with this Email Addy.

You would be better off to post this on the Ubuntu forums. Gnome is the
desktop, and has nothing directly to do with networking.

In fact, if you go to the main page for the Ubuntu forums you will see
that there is one specifically for networking and wireless problems:

http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=327